Saturday, November 7, 2015

Garden on the mend


The fabulous news is that the yellowing on the gardenias has stopped. The bad news is that because I smashed them with magnesium sulfate, nitrogen and iron all at the same time (not recommended by horticulturalists), I don't actually know what fixed them or what they were originally deficient in. Frankly I don't really care, I'm happy to smash them with all three every month to keep them looking like this. 

The gardenias on the balcony are continuing to bloom with that divine smell wafting into our bedroom every morning and evening. The gardenias in the garden beds are still yet to bloom, but the buds are there and we've had a heavy dose of rain this week so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be soon.


Buuuuut….the magnolias have bloomed!! Look at this gorgeous, goblet shaped magnolia flower. It bloomed overnight and was such a beautiful surprise walking out the gate to go to work. The perfume is not as heady as gardenias but still beautiful. There's loads of other buds on there so it's only a matter of time before they all start blooming.


The phalaenopsis orchid in the guest bathroom is in full bloom, although the stalk is starting to turn brown.

What a glorious time it is in my garden. Karina is v happy :-)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment