Friday, July 6, 2012

Drainage Plan


I had to order a drainage plan from the Council to submit to the certifier approving the demolition. I thought it would just be a case of applying online, I thought everything was online these days?

The Call Centre put me through to the plumbing department who sent me a scan (??) of their credit card form, which I had to fax back. The middle 8 numbers of the credit card section was blacked out for security reasons, and they said they would call me to get the numbers.

Firstly, I can't believe they didn't have the form online to at least download, to save them scanning/faxing/emailing it. Secondly, I can't believe they didn't have online ordering or payment facilities. Thirdly, I had to REQUEST to have it sent back on email - they wanted to fax it. I don't have a fax machine...does anyone these days?

Anyway, they said it would take half and hour to an hour and when it came back I realised it was because they literally had to go and get it and scan it!


OMG and this is what it looked like!! So...simple? I was hand drawn and dated in 1968! There's no reference to neighbours, measurements, anything. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I thought it might be a little more complex than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment