Thursday, February 21, 2013

Hmmm....


Just before the fit off stage began I made a remark that the build had just gone so well so far, I didn't know why people complained so much about building.

The very next day is when the benchtop saga began. THE VERY NEXT DAY!!

And since then many little things have started to go wrong. Nothing insane that we haven't been able to find a solution for, but wrong nonetheless and it's starting to get to me.

Today the plumbers went to install the toilets and found that the cistern and pan didn't sit flush (hehe pun intended) and created a 35mm gap between the wall and the back of the pan. Grrr...the whole point of these toilets were that they sat flush with the walls. This was the worst one out of the three. The other one is about 8mm away from the wall and the third one is OK.

I've spoken to supplier so hopefully they will send out a replacement before the plumber leaves this week.

There's another problem  on the horizon but I can't bring myself to write about it until I've found a solution.

2 comments:

  1. that is so not a flush-toilet!!

    Can you imagine the oogies that would get in behind there !??!?

    Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! Makes me yak just thinking about it! Cleaning a toilet is bad enough with a teenage boy, I don't even want to THINK about what would grow behind there. It's soo going back. The supplier is going to send a Caroma rep out. Will keep you posted :-) xx

      Delete