Monday, March 30, 2015

The never ending fence painting project


OK, this is really getting beyond a joke. Last weekend it rained on and off ALL weekend, so no painting for us. This weekend was better, but we had things on so very little time to paint. We did manage to at least get the undercoat on the front of the fence so it looks halfway decent and not a patchwork quilt of colours. Still have a lot of the back of the fence and then another two top coats.

Painting, I've decided, isn't hard, it's just hard work if you want to do it properly. I would estimate that at least 70% of our time has been in prep work - puttying, sanding, taping etc.


I just have to keep reminding myself that this is how it used to look and we really have come quite a long way in 2 years.

Patience is virtue. And I don't have any!


No comments:

Post a Comment