Thursday, May 1, 2014

Making a (small) start on the garden


I have absolutely no doubt that this garden will be a (very) long term project. Time and money are against me, but, like the rest of the house, baby steps.

So we started with side garden. Mainly because it's easy, but also because the drop from the slab is about 800mm, legal height apparently, but I think it's a bit dangerous.


The land falls about 200mm across the depth of the block, which is 50 metres. A gradual slope in the scheme of things. The electricity guy will need access to the meter box so I'll retain the back of this and make it flat. Luckily the fall means the back is almost perfectly two sleepers high and the front one sleeper high.


We'll fill this with fragrant plants and put a couple of stepping stones for the electricity man. I was going to put some Round Up on the ground to kill those nasty weeds, but we've had rain the last few days so I might have to wait until the weekend. At least I made a start.


I must have accidentally taken this…but it shows my sleepers well. And my pink gumboots ;-).


No comments:

Post a Comment