Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Under the stairs vingette


This is my first attempt at a "vignette", which in interior design terms means "a collection or arrangement of items in a pleasing manner". Not to be confused with the vignette in photography, which I learned about in film lectures at uni, or vinaigrette that you use in dressings for salads.

Anyhoo, this is the empty space below the staircase. It's a pretty narrow space and I'd always planned to put a console table and artwork there, but I could never find anything that I liked that fit the space. I've done a few posts on this space previously here and here.

I'd actually always planned for a walnut console table and never even considered glass. But I saw this table on Gumtree for a really good price and when I did the measurements it was a perfect fit. The art above it was also a bargain and one I'd had my eye on for a long time. I snapped it up as soon as it went on sale for 1/8 of the original price. The rest of the items are a dwarf fiddle leave ficus (I'm so obsessed with these at the moment) and some photos and vases I already had.


I thought the section below the table was looking a bit bare, so I put these baskets with some magazines in it. I'm still on the fence as to whether it works or is just a bit too much. Any advice would be appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment