Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Done and Dusted!!

Yep, you read right! This fence is done and dusted! The whole weekend was like a miracle! Firstly, the virus (or apparent virus) that knocked me for a six on Friday, miraculously cleared up by midday on Saturday. I still had a bit of a sore throat and a little cough, but the fever and headache was gone and I actually felt pretty good. I don't know about you, but I've never been that sick one day only to be completely fine the next day.

Saturday was still a bit of a write off though, painting-wise, only because I then had to catch up on the normal housework. I started first thing on Sunday though and it took me all day and most of the next day to finish. The weather stayed true to its word, with the sun shining all weekend.

I definitely agree that now it's all finished and I can see it as a whole, the colour is a bit meh. But it's not horrible and excluding my (extensive) labour, the painting project cost a grand total of $22. Jansen had leftover primer and the top coat was leftover from the pillars. The only thing I bought were some new brushes and masking tape. I may change it way, way down the track, but for the moment, it's staying. I plan to put some trees in the front soon and I think that will break up the colour a bit.

Now that this project is done and dusted we move to the next one - the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment