Saturday, July 9, 2016

Side path and garden finished…finally!


Before
After
The side garden and path are finally finished (jumpy claps) and if it feels like it's taken forever to complete that's probably because it has!

The before photo was taken just after building was complete and we'd moved in. The walk from the front of the house to the end is over 20 metres and we use this side section often to get underneath the house to hang out the washing.  It's always been something I've wanted to do, but there's always been so many other priorities and only one of me.

I did finally make a start back in November last year, but it's taken 8 months to get it finished. I'm really happy with the result though, the mixture of pavers, stones and gardenias works really well.

July 2013
July 2016
The front side garden looks amazing now that the gardenias have grown. The aggregate path is a godsend - I don't know how many times I rolled my ankle on the uneven ground before.


I'm happy to report that we've pretty much stuck to the plan for this part of the outdoor area. The only difference is the decking at the end of the house, which is just too expensive to do. We'll put stones under there so we'll still be able to put some outdoor furniture there and it won't turn into a muddy mess every time it rains.

There's still the path on the other side, but one thing at a time. I'm just celebrating the completion of this phase for the moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment