Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Canary Island Palm SAVED!



Huzzah! The tree was saved! This makes me very, very happy. I actually put off demolition for three days to give more time to finding a solution and I'm very glad I did, because this tree was over 60 years old and absolutely magnificent.

I blitzed social media - Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Email, pretty much everything I could and just asked people to pass it on. It worked because I got a call from a tree recycler who had a client who he was already transplanting five other canary island palms.

The transplanting took place over two days. The first day involved digging around the base of the plant ready for removal. The second day they brought the crane in to move it. The footage isn't great, sorry, the first day the truck was parked in front of the camera and the second day they moved the crane out of frame after it was bogged in the (perfect) position in front of the camera.

 The palm is now happy in its new home in Logan.

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic news, Karina! I thought about that tree a lot after you mentioned it recently. If only I could have justified the funds required!!!

    Great outcome
    M
    x

    ReplyDelete