Monday, August 8, 2016

The indoor plant collection at the house project

The Echiveria (succulent) in the lounge
Amazing from above
I'm pretty good with the garden and outdoor plants, but I'm totally crap with indoor plants. Almost all of the indoor plants I've attempted have died either from overwatering, underwatering, too much sun or not enough sun or just natural or unexplained causes.

But I REALLY want plants in the house so I've made a concerted effort to do some proper research into unkillable indoor plants and I think it's finally paying off. I have a house full of plants that seems to not only be alive, but also thriving and I'm absolutely thrilled.

Here's a few of the plants in the house.

The peace lily (spathiphyllum) in the lounge

Devil's Ivy (Epipremnum Aureum) in the reading room

The maidenhair fern (Adiantum spp) in the bathroom

The fiddle leaf fig (ficus lyrata) i the entrance

The wax plant (hoya) in the guest bedroom)

The jade plant (crassula ovate) in the lounge

The philodendron in the dining room when it was on the floor (Josh photo bombed every single photo!)

And when I moved it to a plant holder - I think it looks much better here.


The peace lily (spathiphyllum) in the master bedroom

So you can see they're alive and thriving pretty well. All of these were chosen because they were supposedly hardy and low maintenance. So far they've proved that to be true. Kicking plant goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment