Friday, January 18, 2013

ABC Radio Interview


I did an interview on ABC Local Radio with the absolutely gorgeous Emily Jade O'Keefe about my experience in rebuilding after the floods.

She asked me about the day the house flooded, all the personal effects we lost, how we have been coping since the flood, the house blog and the decision to demolish and rebuild.

This is the first time I've done a radio interview and I was pretty nervous. Emily Jade, with her voice like silk, was such a fantastic presenter and interviewer and put me totally at ease. I must admit I thought that being a radio DJ was all fun and games and just chatting, but she had researched, written all her intros and to see her ask questions on the back of my answers without so much as a pause made me realise I was in the presence of an ultimate professional. I think we counted over 50 "ums" from my part and not a single one from her. #Respect.

The ABC Studios are at South Bank, next to the Wheel of Brisbane overlooking the Brisbane River and the city skyline. It's such a gorgeous setting and the interview was at night so the city was spectacular.

Emily Jade had heard of me through the house blog. While it was originally started just as a personal journal for me, it's been such a fantastic medium for meeting amazing people, sharing stories and receiving advice. I'm so glad I started it and so grateful for the experiences it's brought me.

You can listen to the whole interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment