Monday, January 21, 2013

Bedding Love

I'm a bit obsessed with bedlinen at the moment and all the gorgeous quilt covers I love seem to be on sale. We still have at least 5 weeks to go before we can move in so I'm not sure if I should get them.

Ikat in Smoke by Aura by Tracie Ellis

Koya by Marie Claire

In the year before the flood I had bought up on decent linen for the first time in my life. White Sheridan sheets, Marie Claire quilt covers, all chosen after much consideration and the use of a number of gift cards from credit card points I'd traded in.

The bed after the flood
Despite the floodwaters rising to just under the ceiling, the bedlinen on the very top of the beds remained dry. There were a pile of clothes that I left on top of the beds that were also dry.  The waters must have risen so gently that the beds floated to the top and then back down again as the waters subsided.

Marie Claire Bedlinen after the flood

Sadly I couldn't save any of the linen. Despite being dry on top, the waters had soaked through the mattress and onto the underside of the linen and not even the strongest bleach could shift the stains.

A good excuse to buy some new stuff right?

No comments:

Post a Comment