Sunday, March 3, 2013

The dining room pendant


At last!! For the first time in the last few weeks I've been happy with something I've chosen and happy with how it's been installed. Huzzah!

The dining room pendant looks awesome!  I love it! Modern, yet not too out of place and low enough to provide "intimate" lighting for the dining space.


I love the massive window in this space. It makes everything so light and bright and breezy! I would have loved to have had bifold doors to open the space up completely, but it was an extra $6,000. Ouch! This will do for now. The first party has already been booked - a family roast/Uncle's 60th. For mid April. We'd better get a move on!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - I *love* it!! So much!!

    Did you see my reply over on the forum about combatting spam? I think you'll like it ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh no, I'll go have a looksy now!! Thanks heaps!! xx

      Delete
  2. I like how it looks right now. The pendant really stands out, but in a good way. Any plans for the actual table yet? :)

    Gilbert Dubinsky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilbert,

      I'm just in the middle of deciding now as we move in a couple of weeks and I have to order it a few weeks in advance. I'm going with a mid century theme so here are my choices:

      http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Dining-Tables/Karizona-Solid-Walnut-and-Glass-Dining-Table.aspx?p5596c17
      http://www.mattblatt.com.au/Dining-Tables/Original-Alejandro-Sticotti-Gant-Dining-Table.aspx?p1737c17

      What do you think? xx

      Delete
  3. If you're going for the open-area, outdoorsy look, you can go with the Alejandro dining table. It fits the theme, although it's kinda plain IMO. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gilbert, I went over to Matt Blatt to test it and found that because of the angle of the legs, it's very hard to fit chairs fully underneath the table http://karinashouseproject.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/dining-decisions.html - now I'm not really sure what to do! I'm still iffy on the Sounds Like Home table because of the colour difference in the timber. Thoughts? xx

      Delete