Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 91 - Cabinetry is in!

Kitchen
This is the last day before the builders finish for the year and the cabinetry is in! Overall I'm pretty happy with it. It's light and bright and they way it was designed. There are no handles on the cabinetry, the tops of the doors are on a 45 degree angle so you can pull them out. The only thing I don't really like is that it is on a sharp angle, I thought it might be a bit softer, but I guess that's because they are laminate and not 2Pac.

Main Bathroom
I was so, so worried that the cabinetry in the main bathroom would make the space really small and squishy but it has come up perfectly. The only thing is that the right hand cabinet is supposed to have a door that looks like drawers so they are even.


Same with the ensuite cabinetry. The door on the right is supposed to look like drawers (even though they're not) so they look symmetrical.


This is the cabinet outside the toilet. This was a bit of a luxury, you could easily enough just go into the main bathroom to wash your hands, but I really prefer that it has its own, in case someone is in the bathroom already.

Obviously there is still the stone benchtops to go on top and it will look more finished, but I'm reasonably happy with how things are progressing.


The laundry doesn't have stone benchtops, I just sent for a square edge laminate which I think looks fine.

So that's where we're at for Day 91!

1 comment:

  1. The cabinetry is looking great Karina! Are they going to fix the two end cupboard doors for you? Kirty xx

    ReplyDelete