Thursday, December 27, 2012

Last Photo of the Year


The builders have finished up for the year and this is how the house looks from the street. Considering it's been less than 100 days since they started, I think that's pretty good progress. 

After I took this photo I sat in the car and reflected on the rebuilding journey so far, and that dates back much longer than 100 days. It pretty much started the day we began the clean up after the flood. I knew even back then that the damage was so extensive that demolishing and rebuilding new could be a possibility.

While is hasn't all been easy, it's certainly been a learning experience and one which I'm surprised to say I've enjoyed to the point where I might be considering a career change.

I also thought about all the people that have helped so much on this journey so far. Working at building company certainly has its advantages and everyone there from the building designers to interior designers, estimators to chippies have been so generous with their professional and invaluable advice. Other friends and family have all been amazing in their special way, from advice to recommendations to time and sometimes just a friendly ear for me to vent.

From such a hopeless situation with some very dark days to one that will feel like a completely fresh start, I think there has definitely been a silver lining in this project and I'm incredibly grateful.

I'm really looking forward to 2013. 

Thank you for being part of my journey. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment