Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 146 - Kitchen Update


It's day 146 and the kitchen is looking more complete. The stone waterfall edge has been installed and I can visualise more and more those casual breakfasts at the island bench or guests milling around nibbling on canapés with a glass of wine while I prepare dinner. It's all starting to take shape.


The Blanco gas cooktop has been installed into the stone benchtops. Before they were installed, the builder mentioned that the plumber had said the cooktop was designed for mains gas and not LPG which is what we have and he would have to test it to see if it was OK. Looks like it was all good though because I haven't heard since.


The sink has also been installed into the stone benchtops. I love the deep bowls in this sink and I also love the drainer at the side. I know the trend is for undermount sinks, but I don't really like them, despite them looking more sleek. I love being able to air dry saucepans and bigger crockery items. Nothing is without drama though - the pop up waste on this particular model ( and of course this one only) hadn't been certified and when we ordered late last year, they weren't sure when it was going to be certified in time for my certification.

Lucky for us it was done a few weeks ago so all is good in kitchen world. Even though I haven't made a decision on the splashback...still!

No comments:

Post a Comment