Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Shower Rails


The shower rails are in and this is one of those times I wish I'd spent the extra money to get something decent. They're from a brand name supplier, but from their budget range because I have three bathrooms and the costs were getting out of control.

I bought them from an online catalogue without going into the store and testing them. Big mistake! They're really just plastic, which is disappointing. The towel rails from the same supplier were fantastic - a heavy duty chrome that felt like great quality. These shower rails just feel like painted plastic.

It's always hard to know when to draw the line when it comes to costs but I think good quality fixtures and benchtops make the difference. But then, there wasn't really anywhere else I could have reduced costs.

It's all a learning process I'm finding, and one that I really enjoy. Am already making notes for my next build and things that I will do different. I'll be adding shower rails to the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment